R West Consulting
Robert West is a teaching, coaching and organizational management specialist with more than thirty-five years of Learning & Development and Strategic Human Resources experience working for credit unions, churches and nonprofit organizations.
He is also a current American Management Association (AMA) faculty member.
Career Services Business Partner
As Career Services Business Partner at R West Consulting, Robert is passionate about teaching clients the biblical perspective of work and how to wisely choose careers and college majors that best match their personality strengths, interests, skills and life values so they can experience clarity, rest and joy on their work/life journey.
Robert is knowledgeable in needs assessment, personality assessment, interviewing, instructional design, training, motivation, human performance improvement technology, execution management and core values alignment.
He communicates information in ways that help people learn, understand, apply and grow personally, professionally and spiritually from what is shared, and possesses a unique ability to draw concepts together in ways that provide great insights for learners.
Community Support Specialist
As a volunteer business/industry partner at South Pasadena High School, Robert serves as a member of the School District’s Career Technical Education (CTE) advisory board and guest presenter at regional Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) and Virtual Enterprises International (VE) student leadership training conferences hosted at the school.
As a strategic parent and ambassador for Christ, Robert has served as a non-vocational ministry leader across the multigenerational community life of the local church in the following capacities:
- Kid’s Church service coordinator (grades 1-5).
- Middle and High School student lifegroups leader.
- College and Young Adults career mentor.
- All Pro Dad® fatherhood group leader.
- Raising a Modern-Day Knight® fatherhood group leader.
- Joy Starts Here discipleship group facilitator.
In his spare time, Robert enjoys spending quiet time on the beach, recurve archery, lawn bowling, learning to play the autoharp, studying brain science and attending NASCAR events with his family.
“Robert, I am so grateful for you, and truly appreciate the time and energy you devote to leading Joy Starts Here. Based on the overwhelmingly positive feedback on the surveys, those who attended are grateful for you as well.” — Ralph D., Community Life & Thrive Pastor
- “This was a great class. My view of myself and the world has changed greatly.”
- “It gives me hope and next steps for my personal healing and growth.”
- “I am a new person. I feel like I have shed years of pain and anguish.”
- “Helps me to better understand others in my family and is a place to be among caring Christians.”
- “Great practical content. I will take what I learn and bring back to my recovery ministry.”
- “I can’t say enough about this opportunity or about Robert, who led with humility and joy – a living example of what he taught us.”
- “Robert is the best instructor I’ve ever had in a spiritual class. He’s humble and generous.”
- “Robert is fantastic, truly enjoyed his leadership and knowledge. Always willing to share and listen to where God wants to lead.”
“Thank you for being safe and strong and having tender regard for my suffering and weakness. You have made a difference in my life. May [the Lord] bless you as you continue His ministry to the many who need exactly what you have to offer because of exactly who you are and…. are becoming.” — Jayne C.
“You are an amazing JSH facilitator and coach! Your humility, sensitivity and transparency is so heartwarming and heartfelt by all!” — Melody C.
“I have benefited from Joy Starts Here and Immanuel Prayer meetings.…We can find unconditional love and comfort with no strings attached….” — Edward B.
“My friend and brother: You have introduced me to a sense of Freedom I had not been able to discover yet as a Christian. Thank you! I am so thankful to Jesus that I decided to take your Joy class….Instead of giving me band aids, you went to the source of hurt. What happened next was a deep healing that is so much better than a pretty band aid!” — Carin C.